In response to the growing need for extending connection range from USB-C host to Type-C devices, FireNEX™-uLINK-C series is developed to extend the SuperSpeed data transfer up to 16 meters.
FireNEX™-uLINK-C provides a directional C to C active extension, one Type-C end dedicated for connecting to the host, and one Type-C connector will connect to your USB-C devices.
With USB 2.0/1.1 backward compatibility and bus powered feature, FireNEX™-uLINK-C provides an ideal one-cable extension solutions for applications such as tethered shooting, large data file transfer and etc.
Custom configuration options are also available for right angle connectors, type-c locking connectors, and custom lengths.
Note: This product does not support video alternate mode and USB PD.
- Extend USB 3.1 Gen 1 up to 16 meters
- Support SuperSpeed data rate up to 5Gbps
- USB 2.0/1.1 backward compatible
- Plug and Play, no additional driver needed
- Bus power from host PC, no external power supply
- Slim repeater profile, ideal for wall conduit
- Right angle and screw locking connector options available
- Ruggedized metal repeater case option available for better EMI shielding
Q: Is FireNEX™-uLINK-C backward compatible with USB 2.0?
A: Yes, the FireNEX™-uLINK-C is compatible with USB 2.0 peripherals.
Q: Does FireNEX™-uLINK-C support HTML or DisplayPort alternate mode?
A: No, FireNEX™-uLINK-C doesn’t support HTML or DisplayPort alternate mode.
Q: Can I reverse the connection by connecting the host Type-C end to the device and the other USB-C to the host?
A: No, FireNEX™-uLINK-C is directional, the host end must go to the end, and the device end must to the device.
Q: Is FireNEX™-uLINK plenum rated?
A: Currently, FireNEX™-uLINK active cables are not plenum rated. When installing a FireNEX™-uLINK cable in plenum space, user could find a proper way, such as using a conduit, to install the cable in order to meet the installation code.